Seeing it next to the Arizona Memorial really puts its size into perspective. .. ENORMOUS!
When the Bridge pipes ‘Man the Rail’ there is a lot of rail to man on this monster: shoulder to shoulder, around 4.5 acres. Her displacement is about 100,000 tons with full complement.
Top speed exceeds 30 knots, powered by two nuclear reactors that can operate for more than 20 years without refueling
1. Expected to operate in the fleet for about 50 years
2. Carries over 80 combat aircraft
3. Three arresting cables can stop a 28-ton aircraft going 150 miles per hour in less than 400 feet
1. Towers 20 stories above the waterline
2. 1092 feet long; nearly as long as the Empire State Building is tall
3. Flight deck covers 4.5 acres
4. 4 bronze propellers, each 21 feet across, weighing 66,200 pounds
5. 2 rudders, each 29 by 22 feet and weighing 50 tons
6. 4 high speed aircraft elevators, each over 4,000 square feet
1. Home to about 6,000 Navy personnel
2. Carries enough food and supplies to operate for 90 days
3. 18,150 meals served daily
4. Distillation plants provide 400,000 gallons of fresh water from sea water daily, enough for 2,000 homes
5. Nearly 30,000 light fixtures and 1,325 miles of cable and wiring 1,400 telephones
6. 14,000 pillowcases and 28,000 sheets
7. Costs the Navy approximately $250,000 per day for pier side operation
8. Costs the Navy approximately $25 million per day for underway operations (Sailor’s salaries included).
(Hindi po yan ang bagong Phil. Navy Ship…... hindi po pwedeng ibigay ng kano sa atin yan at baka, ma-karne lang at sa junk shop ang bagsak….)
BRP DOÑA GLORIA
The ship is the first of its kind in the Navy and is a standing legacy to President Doña Gloria ‘for her foresight in military budget over-pricing’ and conduct unbecoming while holding the (formerly dignified) office of President.
The ship is constructed nearly entirely from recycled aluminum and is completely solar powered with a top speed of 5 knots.
It boasts an arsenal comprised of one (unarmed) F14 Tomcat or one (unarmed) F18 Hornet aircraft which, although they cannot be launched on the 100 foot flight deck, form a very menacing presence.
As a standing order there are no firearms allowed on board.
This crew, like the crew aboard the USS Jimmy Carter, is specially trained to avoid conflicts and appease any and all enemies and offer them land for free.
An onboard Type One DNC Universal Translator can send out messages of apology in any language to anyone who may find it offensive. The number of apologies are limitless and though some may seem hollow and disingenuous, but all apologies will sound very sincere.
In times of conflict, the BRP Doña Gloria has orders to seek refuge in Mindanao.
(oh ha ? at least may aircraft carrier na ang Pinas….LOLs)